Thursday, September 29, 2011

So, maybe I won't be failing history after all!

There is a lot going on in my life. I am still estranged from my husband. I have just taken over the apartment, and my mother is critically ill with cancer. If you have spent any time reading my blog, you know that it is usually at times like these that I get very quiet here. I'm kind of in that place now. So I'm posting about something almost meaningless compared to what is going on, but still important. The history test we had this morning.

The History of Western Civilization. Big stuff, lots of info, oodles of odd names like Octavius and Eurathothenes, and an abundance of people, places and things.

I have studied for this test. Seriously. Gone are the days when I, oblivious in my youth, waited until the last minute to study. 50 pages of notes over 4 lectures and 5 chapters of 2 books - procrastination was just not an option.

So much info, so little brain.

I just finished the dreaded test, and am happy to report that it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I am going to be daring here and predict that I might have done quite well on it.

I am relieved. Because when there are lots of big, hard things going on, it is really nice to have some of the small things work out.

Whew.

No comments:

My Zimbio